Winter Break is a wonderful time to rest, relax, and recover from finals. It is also a great time to try some networking to move forward your career development and job search strategy. Fortunately, some employers host events during the Winter Break timeframe that are designed to introduce law students (usually first-year law students and/or diverse law students) to their work and attorneys. The following, in particular, have sent invitations to the Office of Career Planning for distribution to students. Note that some RSVP dates are soon!
- Bricker & Eckler invites law students to a reception on Thursday, 12/28, in Columbus. (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15.)
- Hodgson Russ will host a reception for students currently in their first year of study at a law school outside of the Buffalo area onThursday, 12/28, in Buffalo, NY (RSVP to email@example.com by 12/18.)
- Kegler Brown is hosting a 2018 Diversity Reception on Thursday, 1/11, in Columbus. (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/4.)
- Kegler Brown will also host a 2018 Diversity Reception on Thursday, 1/18, at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (RSVP to email@example.com by 1/11.)
- Michael Best (Greater Milwaukee area) invites law students who will be in the Milwaukee area to attend a reception on Wednesday, December 7. (RSVP to gamueller@michaelbest. com no later than Monday, December 18.)
- Squire Patton Boggs invites law students to a reception to learn about their diverse and inclusive culture on Thursday, 12/28, in Cleveland and Phoenix (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22)
Planning to attend one of these receptions? Please contact the Office of Career Planning for more detail, and for specific information about how to prepare.