All law students are strongly advised to attend The View from the Hiring Chair: What Makes Hiring Attorneys Extend a Job Offer THIS WEDNESDAY, October 3 at 5PM in the Moot Court Room. Speakers are:
- Pat Burke, C|M|LAW Class of 2003, a member of the Hiring Committee and an on-campus interviewer from Squire Patton Boggs
- Nathalie Dibo, C|M|LAW Class of 2008, Partner, Moore Yourkvitch & Dibo
- Tonya Whitsett, C|M|LAW Class of 1993, Managing Attorney of the Family Law Practice and a Hiring Commitee Member at the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
- Sonali Wilson, General Counsel and an externship site supervisor at Cleveland State University’s Office of General Counsel
The hour-long discussion will focus on the skills that will make you stand out to employers. The panelists will also take questions from students. We will cover the following four areas and anything additional you want to know:
- Legal Skills: what is most important in each practice/office/type of work?
- Professional Skills: what does a hiring attorney look for when considering candidates/what makes a law student stand out? What are some professional skills that law students should prioritize when planning their law school experience?
- Resumes, Cover Letters, Application Materials: what is a hiring attorney looking for when reviewing these materials?
- Interviewing/Networking/Communication Skills: what makes the difference in-person when meeting with a law student?
This is a unique opportunity to hear from attorneys who are decision-makers when it comes to hiring.