See job Posting # 14839 in CareerConnect.
Rathbone Group is a professional services law firm dedicated to representing insurance carriers and other business clients in the investigation and litigation of property and bodily injury subrogation claims throughout the United States.
We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial and dynamic workplace that is built on a meritocracy and allows each employee to contribute to the best of her or his ability through teamwork. Our culture is centered around an environment that fosters open communication, hard work, but also good fun.
Rathbone Group is hiring law students for its Law Clerk Program in our Cleveland office, a six-month program where clerks gain law firm experience.
We offer a flexible 8-10 hours per week work schedule that will complement your class schedule. Interested students must be willing to work throughout the school year and can increase their number of hours during the summer and winter breaks. Pay is $14 per hour.
• Provide information both verbally and in writing to staff, clients, and outside counsel.
• Facilitate communication between counsel and client.
• Support and assist counsel with litigation-related inquiries.
• Update claims files with information from court and counsel.
• Perform legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
• Miscellaneous administrative projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and courteous demeanor
• Computer Skills: Basic proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and
• Good typing skills – 40 wpm
• Quick learner, self-managed, and attentive to details
• Subrogation or insurance experience is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of the legal system is plus but not required