The Office of Career Planning subscribes to the Government Honors & Internship Handbook, a nearly-comprehensive clearinghouse of hiring information for federal government student and new graduate hiring. Following is a summary of upcoming program deadlines. Access the Handbook in the CareerConnect Resource Library (search for “honors” or filter resource type for “Government”).
Rolling Deadlines: At the top of each 1L; 2L; 3L; and LLM, Recent Grad and JLC “Applications by Deadline” Table is a list of hiring programs that hire on a “Rolling Basis.” This means the employer accepts and reviews applications as received, and may make hiring decisions on this timeframe. If you have an interest in such a program (and would seriously consider an offer, if extended), review the “Rolling Deadlines” list on a regular basis. We’ll remind you in each of these reminder emails.
3Ls: Post Grad
- State, Department Of – 3-Year New Attorney Program Office of the Legal Adviser (Civil) (Paid, Deadline Sept. 1, 2017)
- Justice, Department Of – Attorney General’s Honors Program (Paid, Deadline Sept. 5, 2017)
- Housing & Urban Development, Department Of – Legal Honors Program Office of General Counsel (Paid, Deadline Sept. 8, 2017)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission – Honor Law Graduate Program Office of General Counsel (Paid, Deadline Sept. 8, 2017)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Louis D. Brandeis Attorney Honors Program Office of General Counsel, Enforcement Division (Paid, Deadline Sept. 10, 2017)
- Federal Trade Commission – 2018 Entry-Level Attorney Program Bureau of Competition (Paid, Deadline Sept. 10, 2017)
- Federal Communications Commission – 2018 Attorney Honors Program Office of General Counsel (Paid, Deadline Sept. 11, 2017)
- Homeland Security, U.S. Department Of – Secretary’s Honors Attorneys Program Office of General Counsel (Paid, Deadline Sept. 15, 2017)
- Copyright Office, U.S. – Barbara A. Ringer Copyright Honors Program (Paid, Deadline Sept. 15, 2017)
- Philadelphia, City Of – Third-Year Law Student New Attorney Hiring Program District Attorney’s Office (Paid, Deadline Sept. 15, 2017)
- Environmental Protection Agency – Summer Honors Program Office Of General Counsel (Unpaid, Deadline Aug. 31, 2017)
- Justice, Department Of – Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP) (Paid, Deadline Sept. 5, 2017)
- Defense, Department Of – 2018 Summer Legal Internship Program Defense Intelligence Agency (Paid, Deadline Sept. 6, 2017)
- Federal Trade Commission – Summer Honors Legal Internship And Spring & Fall Internships Bureau Of Competition (Paid & Unpaid, Deadline Sept. 10, 2017)
- Deadlines will be listed beginning in mid-November. 1L hiring programs can always be viewed in the Handbook’s “1L Applications by Deadline” table.