The Office of Career Planning subscribes to the Public Policy Handbook, an extensive listing of summer internships and post-graduate fellowship programs in public policy, legislative affairs, and issue advocacy. Access the Public Policy Handbook through the CareerConnect Resource Library.
Rolling Deadlines: At the top of Fellowship and Internships “Applications by Deadline” Table is a list of programs that hire on a “Rolling Basis.” This means the employer accepts and reviews applications as received, and may make hiring decisions on this timeframe. If you have an interest in such a program (and would seriously consider an offer, if extended), review the “Rolling Deadlines” list on a regular basis.
- Congressional Hunger Center (Washington, DC) – Emerson National Hunger Fellows Program (Paid, Deadline Jan. 10, 2018)
- City and County Of San Francisco (San Francisco) – San Francisco Fellows Program (Paid, Deadline Jan. 15, 2018)
- New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services (New York) – Urban Fellows Program (Paid, Deadline Jan. 15, 2018)
- Food and Drug Administration, U.S. (Washington, DC) – Internship Program Office of Policy (Unpaid, Deadline Dec. 31, 2017)
- Legal Momentum (New York) – Legal Internships (Unpaid, Deadline Dec. 31, 2017) 2Ls
- National Center for Transgender Equality (Washington, DC) – Andrew S. Cray Law Fellowships, Legal Internships, and Post-Graduate Legal Fellowships (Paid & Unpaid, Deadline Dec. 31, 2017)
- Urban Leaders (Atlanta, Denver, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Indianapolis, Oakland, New Orleans, Kansas City, Nashville, & DC) – Summer Fellowship (Paid, Deadline Dec. 31, 2017) First Round
- Animal Welfare Institute (Washington, DC) – Farm Animal Law & Policy Interns (Unpaid, Deadline Jan. 1, 2018)
- Truman Center for National Policy (Washington, DC) – Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline Rolling Basis (Beginning Jan. 1, 2018)
- National Public Radio (Washington, DC) – General Counsel’s Legal Internship/Externship Program (Unpaid, Deadline Jan.)
- White House, The (Washington, DC) – White House Internship Program (Unpaid, Deadline Jan. 12, 2018)