Are you interested in learning more about the inner workings of the judicial system, connecting with judges and their clerks, and strengthening your research, writing and analytical skills? If you answered yes to any of these, a judicial externship might be a great fit. Applications are open now, and are due no later than Sunday, March 18.
The judges accepting applications are listed on the C-M Law website (and will be updated regularly) and more information about the externship application process is available in the Externship Program Handbook.
Important Information & Dates
- Students are eligible for an externship who, by the end of the Spring 2018 semester, will have completed at least 29 credit hours, substantially all of the Required Core Curriculum, and have a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
- Before you can apply to an externship, you must first complete the Externship Pre-Application and meet with an OCP career adviser. To do this, log in to CareerConnect and click the “Externship Pre-Application” link in the Shortcuts section of your home page.
- Then make an appointment to meet with an OCP career adviser to review your Pre-Application, discuss your preferred placement sites, and address any other questions or concerns.
- Your career adviser will then approve your Pre-Application and you will be able to view and apply to available externship postings through the Jobs tab in CareerConnect.
Other Items of Note
- Applications for public interest, government, and corporate counsel externships will open on Monday, March 19, 2018.
- Two other externship sites with early deadlines are open now – Office of the Ohio Attorney General-Cleveland Office, and Judge Jack Zouhary, U.S. Dist.Ct., N.D. Ohio (Toledo). If you are interested in either of those opportunities, please apply as soon as possible.
Don’t miss out on these great opportunities! Questions? Please contact your OCP adviser.