Summer Externship application season is almost over! If you are considering an externship for the Summer 2018 term, please read this message carefully as it contains important information and deadline dates. There are a wide variety of non-profit, government, judicial, and corporate counsel opportunities available.
An externship is an excellent way to get solid, substantive legal experience. And remember that all students must complete at least six credit hours of engaged learning in order to graduation – an externship will satisfy part or all of that requirement.
Important Information & Dates
- Students are eligible for an externship who, by the end of the Spring 2018 semester, will have completed at least 29 credit hours, substantially all of the Required Core Curriculum, and have a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
- Before you can apply to an externship, you must first complete the Externship Pre-Application and meet with an OCP career adviser. To do this, log in to CareerConnect and click the “Externship Pre-Application” link in the Shortcuts section of your home page.
- Then make an appointment to meet with an OCP career adviser to review your Pre-Application, discuss your preferred placement sites, and address any other questions or concerns.
- Your career adviser will then approve your Pre-Application and you will be able to view and apply to available externship postings through the Jobs tab in CareerConnect.
- Applications are submitted and reviewed by employers on a rolling basis, so early applications will receive the best consideration.
- Sites accepting applications for Summer 2018 are posted on the C|M|Law website and will be updated as new registrations are received.
Don’t miss out on these great opportunities!
Questions? Please contact the OCP.